Wow, it’s been a while! I guess I took off longer than I intended 🙂 After Christmas I was enjoying my reading and watching movies routine so much I forgot to blog!!! Have still been reading all my lovely blogs and therefore have tons and tons of stuff to post… Ay, I’m a little hair-brained today…I better do this bullet-point style:
1. Drew visited and it was fantastic!!! He stayed for a whole week and I loved having him here!!! We did lots of fun stuff–went to a Bulls-Cavs game, the Art Institute, ESPNZone, a little shopping, Clarke’s (the Wake Forest bar!!!), watched the Eagles game (boooo loss to the Cardinals), ate yummy food, watched plenty of How I Met Your Mother and Battlestar Galactica (I’ll let you guess who picked which), and most importantly spent lots of time together!!! It was quite nice to come home after class to him here… Ah well, soon enough!
2. At some point I’m going to make a few new year’s resolutions. I always have a few mental ones, but I thought I’d put a few down on paper this year…we’ll see what happens.
3. Classes are going well so far. Taking four plus TA-ing so I’m busy, and trying to catch up after Drew’s visit, but it hasn’t been that bad. I’m enjoying being a student for a little while longer.
4. Job hunt continues though I have done very little applying since December. At some point I’ll need to start that up again. Drew and I both have interviews with Whirlpool in the next month or so (hopefully we can coordinate for the same time!) which has stalled my search a bit. If we both landed leadership development programs there, it’d be quite a nice way to spend the next 3 or 4 years…
5. It’s Monday and that means How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory, which makes me happy.
6. My family is getting a new dog…and it’s a puggle!!! 🙂 Drew said it was a terrible choice but I know what he really meant was I’m so jealous!!! Hopefully a puppy of my own isn’t too far off the horizon…
7. I am cooking more these days, which is nice. I got this cookbook for Christmas and have made the pork cordon bleu (which was reallllllly yummy) and I have lots of recipes saved from this blog (I tried the vodka tomato pasta but I kinda did everything wrong so it didn’t turn out so well…glad I only got the $3 vodka haha!).
8. Have been doing lots of reading. Am on East of Eden right now, but I may take a break to read this.
Well, that’s about it. I’m a happy gal at the moment, with not much at all to complain about. I will be updating more in the future, when I get around to uploading the masses from my desktop. And perhaps I’ll also upload the three pictures I took from Drew’s visit (how come I always forget to take pictures?!?!! Argh.) 🙂 Til then, stay warm friends!