2011 is going to be great. I just have a feeling.
2010, for me, was kinda hard. I started my first real job, Drew and I moved to a new place, Downing moved in, and lots of family drama went down. I’m still trying to learn to cope with it all. I spent the last few months worrying a lot–about my job in particular. I work at a software startup, and the marketing team got taken down to just me and then built up again over several weeks. Things got kind of crazy, and we had to plan for 2011, where we’re trying to double the size of the company, and I went a bit insane trying to do everything myself. I’m glad we have a team now, and I’m trying to learn to delegate. There’s a ton to do, and I feel like I’m already behind. But we’ll get there. This week might be rough. But I’ll make it.
I do want to make a few new year’s resolutions before I find myself without a purpose a few months from now. So here they are:
1. Write more. I have a new schedule where I’m going to write more (in this blog, on my novel–yes! I have a new one!) that I think will help my sanity level 🙂
2. Cook healthy meals for dinner 3x a week
3. Exercise 3x a week (maybe with Drew on the Kinect???)
4. As a corollary to #3, start running again. There are few things as relaxing as running, and I feel I owe it to myself to take this time…and with my new running gear hopefully I can take Goliath with me outside! That’ll be interesting… 😉
5. Worry less. There’s always more work to do, but it’ll always be there in the morning. I really surprised myself with how worried I got over work, I never thought I would be that kind of person, but once more responsibility started getting piled on, I suddenly turned into my freshman year roommate that would watch a movie and think, “Should I be doing this? I have a white paper to write. It really needs to get done, because then I have a webinar to plan and I should have gotten the slides out last week and did I plan enough time to do a dry run? Oh but I also have to set up all the emails and landing pages first. OY I’m not gonna finish. I am so lazy I need to get back to work,” and then I’d just sit there stewing all night. The only relief I got was through reading, watching TV, or sleeping–sometimes cooking. I just had to find an escape and forget about it for a while. But I’m resolved to realize that the work never stops coming, so unless I want to worry myself to death, I just have to get over it…work hard at work, and come home and relax. Sheesh!
So I hope everyone had a great holiday (I took off last week so I had a nice extended break!) and is looking forward to 2011! I think it’s going to be my best year yet. 🙂